Fabulous Friday: Getting pouty. Dior Lip Maximiser V Sally Hansen Lip Inflation
At least half of female population is jealous of Angelina Jolie’s famous pout. Some are even willing undertake surgery in order to gain those puffy sexy lips. Neither my lips look like those of Jolie’s nor am I up for targeted ‘plastic solutions’. Still I would love my lips to be or at least to look a little bit, you know, more plumped…
Pursuing my dream (pout), I have decided to test 2 exciting lip enhancement products:
(1) Dior Addict Lip Maximiser by Christian Dior
(2) Lip Inflation Plumping Treatment by Sally Hansen
and now will provide you with a full review!
(1) Dior: Incredible volume effect that instantly plumps up lips. Lips appear full, smooth & moisturized. Unbelievable lasting plumping effect to redefine lips. Day after day, brings an ultra-sexy mouth. Immediate sensation of freshness. Subtle mint-vanilla fragrance delivers fresh pleasure.
(2) Hansen: Revolutionary lip plumper instantly plumps lips! Refreshing gloss enhances lips’ natural color and shape by shape while adding brilliant shine. Peppermint ‘cools’ and stimulates lips. Lips become flush and plump instantly for a sexy, pouty look. Vitamins A and E hydrate the lips.
- “Instantly plumps up lips”: Regarding this statement you can see it yourself dear reader, from the images above. I don’t see much of a plumping effect. Do you?
- “Lips appear full, smooth & moisturized”: Lips appear as full as they would be when wearing any usual lip gloss.
- “Ultra-sexy mouth”: not sure if this gloss made me instantly sexier.
- “Immediate sensation of freshness /cooling effect”: Both treatments tingle like crazy. The “sensation” or whatever it is remains (!!) even if you remove the gloss. So regarding ‘sexiness’ of this product: strongly not recommended to be worn if you consider a possibility of kissing action. You may unpleasantly surprise your date.
Is there any difference between high end Dior and affordable Sally Hansen? Nothing noticeable, except for the price.
Conclusion: I’m sorry lovelies but even Dior will not plump up your (or my) lips even by 2 mm, not even saying to the extent of Jolie’s pout. We will have to live with what we’ve got. As for me, it’s calming to know that at least my eyes are bigger then hers :)
So dear readers, lets concentrate on our best features and remember:
“Beauty is not in the face: beauty is a light in the heart” Kahlil Gibran
Have a Fabulous Friday!!!