How to look glamorous on budget: Part 2 Beauty.
In the first post from this series we were talking about clothes, bags and other external things that constitutes one's style. However, as one of you lovelies, cleverly pointed out, the most stylish outfit will be brought to nothing by a dull face. Therefore, part two is devoted to beauty. Which skincare and makeup products we can we save on and where it is just a must to splurge.
1. Skincare. I'm a big advocate of splurging on creams. Your face is your biggest asset. That is it. You can read more about it in my previous posts here. In short, great effective eye cream and night cream is a must. Invest in these as much as you can. Day cream should ideally be from the same range but not necessarily. Make sure the SPF is at least +30. Sun is the biggest ageing factor.
2. Cleanser & Exfoliator. Here opinions may divide but cleanser is that's where I save. I don't see a big difference between Neutrogena cleansers and say, Lancome. So of course, I prefer Neutrogena's price tag. Exfoliator, again, can be a chemist brand that suits your skin type.
3. Bodycare. Save. While luxury brands feel and smell nicer, I still can't justify paying big dollars for something that chemist brands can do as well as luxury. One of my favorites is Bio Oil used all over body twice a week. Works wonders!
4. Nails & Hands. Save. In my extensive nail polish collection the only designer bottle of nail polish is Chanel Peridot, because of its unique color. Australis, Rimmel and Face of Australia's nail polishes are a great alternative to more expensive OPI - well priced, last well and nice colors.
5. Makeup. Foundation is worth investing in. It's amazing what the new generation foundations can do - lift, cover, moisturise and protect. But the main thing is that they look natural and beautify your skin! Sorry, can't say the same about chemist brands. Lipsticks, you can easily save on them but still it is nice to have at least one silky Chanel for that special occasion. Mascara, eye shadows and pencils - save, save and save. Recently I tried Australis Killer Curves and you know, to me it's better than Lancome Hypnose.
6. Perfume. Splurge. I think everybody agrees with me on this one.
What do you think, lovelies? Which beauty products would you consider are worth investing in? We would love to know...
P.S. There will be a third part, as when I finished writing today's post one point appeared to be so extensive on itself that I decided to create a separate post on that subject.