Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation – Review & Giveaway
If you have been following CrashingRed for a while, you’ll know I’m constantly searching for the perfect foundation. So when I was asked to test drive the new Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin foundation, of course I agreed.
It’s always important to find the right foundation but once you hit 30, it becomes an absolute priority. You may gain some wisdom with years but sadly our skin will only gain more wrinkles. That’s when a good foundation can be your salvation! It can make you look fresher, younger and some particularly clever foundation can even improve your skin. That’s what the guys from Maybelline say the new vitamin enriched Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin range does. Does it really? Read our review to find out!
Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin foundation and concealer are enriched with the skin improving vitamin derivate Actyl-C. It ensures all-day flawless coverage and makes your skin look smoother and more even in 3 weeks.
• Actyl C: it leaves skin feeling energized and helps promote skin regeneration. It also evens discolouration and dull areas for a fresh radiant glow.
• Visibly improved skin in 3 weeks: you will notice changes such as: smoother skin, more even skin tone, brightening of dull areas and altogether a more hydrated, supple complexion.
• Flawless all-day coverage: The innovative air-cushioned pigments feel lightweight on your skin while providing full coverage all day with a flawless finish.
Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin foundation is available in 8 shades (swatches – from left to right): 005 Beige, 010 Ivory, 020 Cameo, 021 Nude, 030 Sand, 032 Golden, 040 Fawn, & 048 Sun Beige.
The range also includes Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin concealer, RRP $14.95, which is available in 2 shades: 02 Light & 03 Medium.
For all tests I used Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin foundation in 010 Ivory.
- The foundation is easy to use; I literally applied it in a couple of minutes. The makeup pictured below took less than 10 minutes to complete.
- The foundation stayed on without any powder, didn’t crease and stayed matte for 12 hours (yes, I wore it for that long!). The formula is matte, but for oily skin, you’ll need to use powder as well.
- It felt nice and comfortable which was truly a pleasant surprise for such an inexpensive foundation! It’s lightweight and almost invisible yet provides excellent coverage. The colour also blended well without any primer.
- Removal was easy, it just washed off with the usual routine. Usually when I use long-lasting foundations, they require double cleansing to remove them completely. Maybelline SuperStay felt and looked like a lighter foundation with the qualities of a longer lasting one.
- Contains SPF 14. Great to have extra protection from sun damage.
If you have dark, very fair, or skin with cool undertones, Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin isn’t exactly your best choice. The same applies if you prefer to use luxury brands. But if you have skin with warm (yellow) undertones and are looking for an inexpensive foundation that does it all: provides flawless coverage, lasts all day, and looks after your skin, then Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin foundation is for you. It’s also perfect for anyone who’s constantly on the go and looking for quick and easy make-up solutions. In that case, definitely give the Maybelline SuperStay range a go!
My makeup: all Maybelline – Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin foundation in 010 Ivory, Super Stay Better Skin concealer in 02 Light/Clair, Volume Express Mascara ‘Big Eyes’ in 202 Blackest Black, The Elixir Colour Sensational lip gloss in 095 Blush Essence and Expert Wear eyeshadow in 02Q Natural Smokes.
If you’d like to find out more about the product, head over to Maybelline’s SuperStay Better Skin Facebook page.
I’m giving away one $100 Priceline voucher to a lucky CrashingRed reader. To enter simply leave a comment answering this question: “What appeals to you most about Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation and why?”.
This giveaway is open to Australian residents only, it ends on Friday, 19 September 2014 at 5:00 pm AEST. Full terms and conditions – here. The winner will be announced here and also contacted via email on Monday, 22 September 2014.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. Winner – Saumya, comment #4.