Pretty nails in mint, teal and silver – how to
Reports from New York Fashion Week have inspired me to create these pretty nails. There was so much green and white on runways that I decided to translate these colors into a nail art design. The combination of teal, mint and white seemed to be the most attractive and to make it even prettier, a sparkle in the form of silver stripes was added.
I wouldn’t exactly call these DIY nails easy but trust me, the hassle is totally worth it! Just be careful when applying the stripes, follow the steps precisely in the how to below and you’ll be fine :)
1. Apply two coats of white nail polish. Make sure you leave enough time for each coat to set properly.
2. Apply sticky tape to mask the areas that you don’t want to paint.
3. Paint the area that the sticky tape has left exposed with teal nail polish. I’m using L’Oreal Paris Color Riche 613 Blue Reef.
4. Remove the sticky tape and paint the newly revealed areas with mint nail polish. I’m using L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Perle 602 De Jade. Don’t worry about the teal and mint boarders being uneven, you’ll cover them with the silver stripes. Without letting mint and teal nail polishes dry proceed to the next step.
5. The most important step! Accurately stick thin silver stripes on the edge where two colors meet. Press the stripes gently to make them stick to your nails and cut off the excess. Apply a clear top coat and enjoy your pretty nails!
Tip: the easier version of these nails would be a french manicure with a silver stripe at the tip of the nail.
ps. If you like the nail polishes I’m using you may wish to check out this giveaway ; )
Follow me on: