DIY braided bracelet with beads
Stacked bracelets look particularly cute when you mix colourful bracelts with plain gold or silver. However, trendy neon bracelets can be pricey, so to save some dollars I thought I’d try making them myself. Hence, the DIY braided bracelet with beads was created. After sporting my new DIY bracelets here and here I’ve been asked a lot how to make bracelets like that. So today I’m sharing with you lovelies, how to do it yourself.
One note: to make braided bracelets is really easy, however nimble fingers and patience are required when dealing with beads.
1. Wind the mouline thread around your hand 3 times. That will be the length of your bracelet.
2. Without cutting the string use the length from step 1 to measure 6 equal lenghts on the same piece of string.
3. Hold them at the top and cut the bottom off. Slide the button from the end you just cut to half way along the length of the string.
4. Tie a knot behind the button.
5. Attach the button to a table with sticky tape and braid 2cm.
6. Slide 30 beads on to one string
7. 8. & 9. Braid once with a bead and then without a bead and continue to alternate until all the beads have been used.
10. Then braid another 2cm.
11. At the end, separate 3 threads to make a loop to fit the button.
12. Wrap the remaining threads around the base of this loop twice and tie a knot around the braid with all treads all together. Cut the excess thread.
Your DIY bracelet with beads is ready – enjoy!
Tip: braided bracelets in different colors worn together look pretty even without addition of metal bracelets, so you may wish to make a few ;)
P.s. My other DIY projects can be found here.
Follow me on: