Not quite Cinderella
I love starting my day with a cup of good coffee, to think about plans while enjoying it… With arrival of the baby time devoted to self-indulgence shrunk considerably. Everything must be done much faster. Coffee to be consumed in 5 seconds. No time for changing outfits either. Last Sunday I had to get ready for a lunch in a flash.
Almost like Cinderella: rushing from house work to the ball! Except that I don’t have a fairy to save me.
Obviously, going out in my home wear would be ridiculous. So in less than 10 minutes and without any involvement of magic I had to come up with a quick outfit makeover. That’s what I did to turn a home dress of unknown color into a look suitable for public appearances we need:
– Quick hair do: make a high pony tail, twist and secure with pins.
– Makeup: a foundation, bit of blush and lipgloss will refresh you look instantly.
– Wear boots (high boots even more preferable!) instead of flats/ uggs / sleepers.
– Throw fitted jacket on top. No shapeless cardies allowed in this case.
– Add jewelery: statement ring, earrings or a nice scarf.
The makeover takes 7 minutes! Yet the result is a positive self esteem. Priceless! You feel great, stylish and not ashamed of your ‘too casual’ looks. Who knows you may get photographed by a street style blogger or meet your Prince?
As you see, looking nice does not take hours neither does it require any magical intervention. There is no excuse for walking around in your uggs outside of the house. We are women. We were made to be beautiful. So let it be: stay charming, chic, inspire and be inspired!
Have a wonderful week, lovelies! And hey, stay beautiful ;)